The New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners requires 100 continuing medical education credits, of which at least 40 of such credits shall be in Category I:
- Commencing with biennial renewal July 1, 2013, two (2) of the 40 credits in Category 1 courses shall, pursuant to P.L. 2011, c. 145 (C.45:9-7.7), be in programs or topics related to End-of-Life Care.
- Commencing with the biennial renewal period beginning on July 1, 2017, one of the 40 credits in Category I courses shall, pursuant to P.L. 2017, c. 28, be in programs or topics concerning prescription opioid drugs, including responsible prescribing practices, alternatives to opioids for managing and treating pain, and the risks and signs of opioid abuse, addiction, and diversion.
Free Online End of Life Care CME Members - access here.
Free Online Opioid CME Members - access here.
- CMEList.com attempts to coordinate websites that offers online activities designated for AMA PRA Credit™. Currently, there are more than 325 sites listed with over 13,500 separate activities and approximately 26,000 hours of credit.
- Medscape.org offers free CME for all specialties.
- Check with your hospital(s) or specialty society for scheduled CME activities.
Case Western Reserve University conducts the following live and online activities:
- Intensive Course in Medical Ethics, Boundaries & Professionalism
- Intensive Course in Medical Documentation: Clinical, Legal and Economic Implications for Healthcare Providers
- Intensive Course in Managing Difficult Communications in Medical Practice: Controlling Anger, Avoiding Outbursts, Communicating Appropriately
- Intensive Course in Controlled Substance Prescribing: Pain, Anxiety, Insomnia
- Intensive Course in Buprenorphine
You can contact Case Western Reserve University for more information 1-216-983-1239.