The Institute of Medicine and Public Health of New Jersey (IOMPHNJ) is a private, not-for-profit corporation working to improve the health status of New Jersey residents through innovative public health practice and high quality medical care.
IOMPHNJ seeks to achieve these goals by developing solutions to the public health and healthcare challenges facing New Jersey through continuing medical education, partnerships, policy development, research, and law. IOMPHNJ works collaboratively with partners in public health and medicine in all areas of government, academia, and the private sector. IOMPHNJ is partnership driven and result oriented.
IOMPHNJ was formed by the Medical Society of New Jersey in 2003 to merge general grant-funded initiatives in public health—including its flagship project, New Jersey Breathes (NJB).
Visit the IOMPHNJ Online Community
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Edward von der Schmidt, III, DVM, MD
Vice President: Mr. Bill Bartzak
Treasurer: David Swee, MD
Secretary: Arthur J. Timins, Esq.
|Joseph Fennelly, MD
||Emmanuel Frederick Ashong, MD
||Executive Director: Lawrence Downs, Esq.
|Sharol Lewis, MD, MPH, MBA
||A. Ralph Kristeller, MD, MS, FACP
||609-896-1766, ext. 207
|Alan J. Lippman, MD
||Robert Like, MD, MS
||Recording Secretary: Caroline Ferraro
|Paul J. Miniter
||Steven A. Holt, Esq.
||609-896-1766, ext. 258
|Nicholas M. Ponzio, Ph.D.
||Dennis J. Alessi, Esq
|Joseph H. Reichman, MD
||Peter M. Costello
|Ruth J. Schulze, MD
||John Juchniewicz, MCIS, CCMEP
|Mr. Samuel E.”Skip” Vichness
PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES
- Comprehensive Tobacco Control Program (CTCP) Physicians Outreach
- Alpha Project – Physicians Committed to Excellence
- Physician’s Disaster Preparedness
- Tri-county Cancer Coalition Men’s Health Conference
- Childhood Cancer Work Group Conference
- Smokefree Air Act Implementation funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Continuing Medical Education Lectures
- CME Accreditation
- CEHCD - 5 Year Report
- CEHCD e-Newsletter
- Effect of New Healthcare Legislation to Address Issues of Health Disparities - Brief