Atlantic County Medical Society Mission
The Purpose of the Atlantic County Medical Society is to:
- To safeguard and promote the health of the people of Atlantic County;
- To organize physicians who are licensed to practice medicine and surgery in this county;
- To strengthen professional bonds and friendly relations among the physicians of the county;
- To join with other county societies in this state to form the Medical Society of New Jersey;
- To promote the highest standard of medical practice and ethical conduct among all physicians;
- To educate the public in prevention of disease and preservation of health;
- To enhance the value of medical service to humanity; and
- To promote scientific medical knowledge and to encourage continuous education among the members of the society for the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
Election of Members
Applications for membership are for the Medical Society of New Jersey as well as Atlantic County Medical Society. Your application may also be used for membership in the AMA. (AMA membership is encouraged, but optional). All physicians will receive a history questionnaire to complete to aid ACMS in conducting referrals from a computer. Physicians should also call ACMS with any change(s) of their base information.
Referrals for Patients
One of the primary functions of the ACMS office is to give physician referrals to the public. (These referrals are restricted to members of ACMC only).
Health and dental insurance, as well as Major Medical, Life, Retirement Plans, etc. are available to members of the county and state societies through plans sponsored by the Medical Society of New Jersey. These insurances offer excellent coverage at reasonable rates. Office employees of enrolled physicians may also be covered through some of these insurance programs.
Atlantic County Medical Society
Lisa Dierkes, Executive Director
PO Box 581
Somers Point, NJ 08244-2414
President - Thomas Dierkes DO
Vice President- Zubair Syed, DO
Treasurer - Richard Menghetti, MD
Secretary- Joseph Hong, MD
Zubair Syed, DO
Ramchand Thadhani, MD
David Seitman, MD